Monday, April 7, 2008

Florence is the Influence


I could not choose one particular site, monument, artist or artwork in Florence that has some resonance or meaning to my work because Florence the city as a whole; the streets, museums, artwork, culture and people have all influenced my work and have left a lasting impression on me. Without coming to Florence I would not have had the need to use maps and probably wouldn’t have developed such an interest in them. I wouldn’t have realized how interesting and timeless they are and I would not have produced any of the work I did this year. Without coming to Florence I would not have gained so many memories which in themselves were a big part of my artwork. Coming to Italy has changed my work, my process and it has changed me. Due to this program I have grown in so many ways and have added to my character and for that I am grateful.

No comments: