Saturday, January 26, 2008





Taking a conscious walk around Piazza San Giovanni. I noticed many elements I never realized before; geometric harmony, color aesthitics within the precious stones carrara, verdi antico, and jasper, and the musical rhythym that runs throughout the marbles' rectangular arrangement within the exterior design. Having re-read beginning chapters of Ross King's novel (much needed for me since it is loaded with so much great detail) I saw the importance of having 8 sub-architects supervising each side of the octagonal dome. In the photo included I attempted to imagine what a responsibility it was as a sub-architect to manage the work of labourers and keep eye on operations for one side of the dome. The work was definitely cut out for architects supervising the labourers working on their side of the dome.

No comments: