Monday, April 7, 2008

The stories of Florence and Santa Maria del Fiore and their influence on my work


Most of us studying in Florence this year have seen a change in our work compared to earlier years. For me, there have changes in style and in the ideas I'm interested in showing. The main cathedral in Florence, and other buildings that i have seen with intricate facades and colour patterns, has influenced the colours and sorts of lines that I've been using. I find myself drawing small detailed work, and using alot of negative space with delicate colours. Conceptually, Florence has influenced my work because I have found myself fascinated with the idea of stories. this city is so full of history and narratives, that I feel I can never understand the full stories, but rather small snapshots, which is an idea I have begun to explore this year in my work.

No comments: