Friday, March 7, 2008

EARTHQUAKE - In Florence???


Early Saturday morning I opened my eyes and realized my bed was swaying. I asked myself, "Am I still asleep and dreaming?” The swaying stopped. Then I felt the tremors in my stomach as I tried to go back to sleep. Then it happened again. My bed began to rattle and shifted from against the wall. I sat up and tried to comprehend what was happening. Was it just REALLY windy outside and our top floor flat was falling subject to it, or was it something else?

Tuesday morning I read this...

Saturday March 1, 08:40 PM

Earthquake felt in Florence, Bologna

An earthquake in central Italy measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale was felt in the cities of Florence and Bologna, news reports said.

No injuries to people or damage to buildings were immediately reported in the earthquake which struck early Saturday, the ANSA news agency said.

The quake's epicentre was calculated to be in the Mugello region north of Florence, near the central Appenine mountain range that runs down the length of Italy, ANSA said.

No comments: